To: <mac-access@mac-access.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 8:29 AM
Subject: telephone calls on the i-phone

someone mentioned a problem that caused my problem with call switching might be due to a case which has been badly fitted. i don't know if this is the problem or not and i am not sure if this is classed as a case exactly or just a cover but my i-phone 4 has two plastic bits front and back which clip over the i-phone. i am beginning to wonder if this is just classed as a cover and whether the fact this is something which could be causing my problem even though i think i have fitted this properly. the phone is clipped in between these two pieces of plastic with a cut out for the home button. i notice that people mention having other designed cases and whether just the fact i have these two plastic bits might be the reason why i might be having that prroblem and that perhaps a different case is needed because holding it by this plastic might be still affecting the proximity sensor. i have not tried any of the silicone cases that have been mentioned etc or whether such a case needs to be fitted over what i already have in order to resolve that problem. maybe someone more technically minded than me might have to explain whether or not i should be fitting a different case over what i already have or whether i need to remove the plastic case and replace it with a better case?

You can find an archive of all messages posted to the Mac-Access forum at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

The Mac-Access mailing list is guaranteed malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free!