  From: Red.Falcon
  To: Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility
  Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 1:30 PM
  Subject: Re: Copy and Paste on the iPhone

  Hi there!
  Ok when sitting on the phone number!
  And if the rota is set to words!
  place thumb and finger pressed together on the screen and do the pinch out
stroke and that will select the phone number!
  If the number has space's carrie on opening the pinch to select the next
block of numbers!
  If the rota is set on letters the pinch open will select number by number!
  This will also work for words!
  It should also select line by line if the rota is set to that!
  But not sure!
  Then of course when you've got the number/words selected use the copy and do
with it as you will!
  This pinch thing can be a little tricky you might change a rota setting as
you open your thumb and finger if you put a little twist as you open them!
  But keeping them straight will select the items in question!
  hth Colin

  On 10 Jan 2012, at 18:08, Geoff Waaler wrote:

  > Hi Paul,
  >
  > To extract a phone number, let me set up an example.  Lets say I have a
text message as follows:

  > "For a good time call 867-5309 and ask for Jenny."
  >

  > Perhaps someone can find a better method but there appears to be no way to
  > select the phone number exclusively while viewing a text -- IE when not in
edit mode.  Instead I
  > used the roter to get to edit and flicked down to copy (the only available
option) the entire message.

  > Next I can either go to email or create a note where the above number is to
be pasted..  Again I use the roter to land on "edit", flick to paste and double
click.

  > I now have the entire text quoted above, but all I want is the phone
number, hence I move my insertion pointer to the "F" in "For", but must pinch
those five words away.  As one experiments with pinching this will become a lot
  > easier.  You do a two fingers opening gesture I think of as a reverse pinch
to select right of the insertion pointer and a real pinch (close two fingers)
to unselect.  What is selected/unselected depends on the size of
  > the gesture and current roter setting.  If selecting characters, a half
inch open pinch gesture will likely cause VO to say that the r was selected and
I'll hear three clicks indicating that the f and o were also selected.  The
  > same gesture while the roter toggle is set to "words" would likely cause
the
  > words "for a good" to be selected.  I would hear three clicks and VO
announces: "good selected".  So I would first rotate to words and use a large
open pinch gesture to select: "For a good time call".  If I accidentally over
do
  > it and select the phone number I can use a closed pinch to unselect it.  If
I only selected the word "time" I can do a tiny open pinch to select the
  > word call (all data to the left remains selected).  Upon selecting the
first five words, for my purposes I could press delete to make them go away,
however, if you wanted to cut or copy them for some reason, you could get them
to your clipboard by toggling the roter to "edit", flicking down to either
"cut" or "copy" and double tapping.  Either via "cut" or pressing "del", those
five words are gone -- I now have text reading:

  > " 867-5309 and ask for Jenny."
  >

  > Now all I need to do is place the insertion pointer to the right of the
phone number, rotate to words and use an open pinch gesture to select the
unwanted four words as described above.  When VO says something like: "Jenny
selected", press del and only the phone number remains.

  > HTH.
  > Geoff

IOS 5? If os what are the gestures for copy and especially paste?

mac-access@mac-access.net

  >  You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access forum
at either the list's own dedicated web archive: