Hi,

I use the "Action" button in the top right corner of my photo album, then I
flick through and double tap to select multiple pictures for deletion before
double tapping the "Delete" button.  I usually do this from the end of my
camera roll -- e.g., I start from the last element on the screen, which is the
"delete" button that is initially dimmed, then I flick left past the buttons to
the end of the camera roll, where the entries are announced as "photo" with an
img number, and double tap to select them, with the last "photo" being the most
recently taken image. After flicking left and double tapping to select images,
I double tap the "Delete" button in the bottom right corner.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther