From: mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net
[mailto:mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net] On Behalf Of Paul Hopewell
Sent: Wednesday, 1 February 2012 2:55 AM
To: Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility
Subject: Re: Help with Ical

Hello Margaret,
I am running the latest version of Mac OS 10.7 (Lion). I have set iCal up to
only have a single calendar and have checked the box saying "show event
times" in calendar preferences.  I use the view by month. I can use the Tab
key to move forwards through calendar entries in chronological order and
Shift+Tab to move backwards in chronological order (that only works
correctly if you only have a single calendar). I avoid all day events as
these are shown out of sequence using the tab key. Instead I show the all
day event as starting at 07:00 and ending at 23:00. I also avoid having a
separate birthdays calendar for the same reason. At the end of the month I
press command+right_arrow to got to the next month.

The easiest way to add an iCal event is to press command+n to create a new
event and then type something like....

Dinner with Ken 23 February 19:30 to 23:30

and then press Enter. This will bring up a short dialogue with one line
titled "event details" and a line "delete" and a line "done". If its just a
simple one off event just move the Vo cursor to the "done" button and press
that button. If its complicated like a repeating event interact with "event
details" and enter the repeat pattern. then stop interacting with "event
details" and press the "done" button as above.

iCal works very nicely for me this way and is very easy to use. I have
several complicated repeating events like one which alternates between the
second tuesday of one month and the second Wednesday of the next month. I
can tell you how to do this if it is not obvious. I use iCloud to replicate
with the calendar on my iPhone. On my iPhone I use the list view which then
shows the events in chronological order.

Hope this helps. Please get back to me if you need more.
Best wishes....

Paul Hopewell

The Mac-Access mailing list is guaranteed malware, spyware, Trojan, virus
and worm-free!

Please remember to update your membership options periodically by visiting