Hi Sarah,

You might just try the second (long) command by itself.  You can copy it to a
TextEdit window, then review it.  Then try opening Terminal and pasting it in
by itself and pressing return. That's the one for:
chmod +a "everyone deny delete" ~/ ~/Desktop ~/Documents ~/Downloads ~/Library
~/Movies ~/Music ~/Pictures ~/Public

I think there are preference settings that Travis once outlines that  make it
easier to use Terminal.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther