Hi,

I'm not planning on upgrading to Airport 6.0.0 or above whatsoever, personally,
anyway. I haven't found options for RADIUS-based access control (802.1X) no
IPV6 configuration, no more raw log views, and Apple apparently seems to have
removed the options for Unix syslog server destinations for logging.
Additionally, they even dropped SNMP networking monitoring support.
Unfortunately, this includes the lack of wireless clients and DHCP client views
which enabled you to see detailed information pertaining to your clients'
signal strength over time on Wi-Fi, DHCP expiration and configuration details.
You also can't set the Bonjour names of printers, nor can you set the base
stations Bonjour host name. You can change the readable name, though, which
displays in the Finder, but it's still not adequate.

Windows workgroup support for internal disks has also been stripped. Another
caveat, at least if you need it. Internal time zone can also not be set
manually.

I know some articles have already mentioned these, at least, I think that's the
case. The ironic thing is that they can still be accessed through the hardware,
but Apple just elected to remove these options from Airport Utility for
whatever reason. So I'm sticking with 5.6.

Given that my University has Airport base stations in several configurations
but mostly run Windows computers, it's pretty maddening. I do love how the
graphics show you a depiction of all the base stations though. Of course, a lot
of this won't matter to home networks, but mostly enterprise.

Regards,
Nicolai