when sending a tweet to someone or when following someone on twitter or even a group, am i supposed to put hash tags at the beginning and end of names of individuals and groups i am following? at the moment i am trying to get going with twitter on the i-phone and i have requested to follow groups and an individual but i am not getting any messages on my phone. if i were to say to go into a profile called john smith, if i tweet him do i still have to put the hash tags before the name before it actually sends? i tried to tweet my befrender or volunteer because i found his profile on twitter only i don't believe my tweet sent because he didn't see it when i asked him this evening if he had got it so i presume something went wrong and doctor who news which is a twitter group hasn't sent any information which i thought it would have done with doctor who being a popular subject area so there should be a lot of news around for it. i can't even seem to see the status of my followed individuals and groups to see if they have been accepted for sending and receiving tweets which might be the problem on the standard twitter app for the i-phone.