Okay, well it seems the issue is present on both machines, its more to do with
importing encoded or compressed files, say opening and importing FLAC files so
that may also explain why processing and editing of files is very sluggish
whilst Amadeus Pro is compressing or encoding files in a Batch Processor, I'm
going up onto the user forums before I report this problem to see if anyone
else has noticed anything.

Of course! it all could be the fault of Voiceover, I mean how does Amadeus
respond for example if VO is turned off? Only a sighted person could answer
that question <smile>.