Hi Jeff,

Actually, what truly impacts the pricing of any product here are the tax rates,
and at least last time I studied this, consumers and producers bargaining.
They're usually price ratios which are determined by these two factors, while
competition brings a tendency towards an equilibrium level. When taxes are
levied, business are unable to immediately raise prices to forward the cost
onto the consumer any more than before the tax was brought into action. It's a
consumer/demand supply relationship. Of course, anyone can figure that out,
since it's just common sense. It gets a bit more complicated, but I don't want
to rant on here, since my primary knowledge is now in business ethics thanks to
a friend.

What Europeans know is that Apple violated the European consumer laws, which is
the important factor. The price really is not, as long as Apple is in
accordance with the laws set forth. In this case, they were not. From what I
understand, U.S. consumer law provides one year of limited warranty, at least
from what I can gather from the information off of Apple. Europeans generally
also know that there's a rather big price difference in products from the U.S.
as opposed to buying a similar product in Europe, at least in some cases.
That's not only because of the 25%VAT implied in some countries, but it's
definitely what plays the biggest part and what most consumers are going to
know.

Regards,
Nicolai