Hi  William,

In the voiceover rotor, there is a setting called "containers". I must admit
that I've not found this setting as helpful as I thought it would be. When it
is selected, it lets you move among groups of objects in a program or, I think,
on a website, maybe not unlike group mode on the Mac, but I don't use group
mode that much, so I could be wrong about that last part. Flicking with one
finger up and down moves among the various containers, and those sometimes
correspond to panes. There are also popup windows that take getting use to. A
good example is the mail app, with its use of the popup and side bar, which I
honestly can't tell the difference between. In instances where there is a popup
or sidebar, you'll see a button you can double tap to dismiss that control.

Otherwise, in an app with panes that are not popups, you can just put your
finger into the other pane and it will get focus. A good example is the
settings app, which has the main categories down the left side of the IPad.
Double tap one and the list of categories remains on the left, but on the right
half of the screen, you see all the items related to the choice you just
selected on the left. This is actually kind of nice once you get use to it, as
it means less backing out of layered screens as with the IPhone or IPod touch.
But it definitely takes a little bit of getting use to.

Mary

Mary Otten
motte...@gmail.com