since i have last updated lion, i seem to notice fewer mailboxes in mail. i thought this update had fixed the problem with email vanishing from my inbox but it hasn't and i have not yet been able to work out where it has gone because all i see under the mailbox menus when i go to favourite mailboxes for example is inbox, sent and drafts. messages keep vanishing even when i just highlight ones i wish to delete when i do shift down arrow when selecting certain ones. the only things i can think of that might be causing this problem is how bt sets up mail accounts when going through the account settup menu or something to do with the mail filter feature. i have even checked the preference settings for how mail is treated on my server only no clue there either. the only other thing i can think of is that spam guard that is on by default is clashing with junk mail filter settings and that i may have to turn one off. i have tried removing my account and re entering the details and trying to select pop 3 instead of imap which mail seems to want to use by default only it won't allow me to choose pop 3 because it insists on automatically creating my account. i notice that my mail is not affected on my i-phone and that seems to be using imap.