As I am trying to use Mac mail more and more instead of reverting to doing mail
off of the internet via IE9 in Windows, I find myself a bit frustrated with my
lack of knowledge on how to do certain basic things.

For now, could someone please tell me:

while reading an e-mail message in my Apple Mail on the MacBook,
if there are links presented in a message,
how do I click on one of those links to open whatever page that link points to?

I assume that if I am successful in opening a link,
a new window will open to open that link in Safari, for example.
Then, after reading what I wish to read, I can simply close the Safari window
and go back to the message window to handle the message as desired.

Is this also a correct assumption? :-)

Thanks much!
- Laurie