Hello Ed

Speaking as a visually abled person, (I hate the term "Sighted", I found a lot
of his comments extremely odd. I was actually tempted to leave a comment or two
on MacWorld but thought better of it. This person clearly has absolutely no
perception of what VoiceOver is, what it can do and how it can help even those
of us with vision.

My own vision is excellent, according to the opticians I visit once a year for
an eye test. Nevertheless I still find VoiceOver a valuable and useful tool.

Yes, the appearance does take on a more graphical form without VoiceOver and
yes, it does sometimes slow one down when VoiceOver is present. But those are
just small considerations and once you get used to it the overall effect is
actually quite pleasant and the tools that you have available are quite easy to
use.

So in summary I would say that the author of this article really needs to be
educated. Vision impairment does not, nor should it ever, make it necessary for
those of us with vision to work in a totally different environment, I often
work alongside Gordon, who needs VoiceOver. But it really doesn't present a
problem to me. It's just a little different, that's all.

Lynne