On Jun 6, 2012, at 2:48 PM, Sarah Alawami wrote:

It can be but it has its quirks If yuo move awayfrom and back to the documnt it will start back at the thop, or it did the last time I use it which was about 6 to 8 months ago lol!It only does that if you're in continuous page view, and you don't interact with the text first.
I had this problem too, until I experiemented several ways of doing things, and discovered that if I interacted with the pdf viewing area, then continuous read dragged the cursor with it, so if I stopped and then interacted with the pdf viewing area again, my cursor was within a few lines of where it left off. But if you don't interact, it will always go back to the start. The other thing is, if you move away, then come back, if you wait too long to stop the speech and interact again, it will sometimes reset itself to be back at the top of the document again, but this didn't always happen, so not sure what triggered this. But, anyway, if you're not interested in continuous mode, preview won't cause these kinds of problems, though I really wish I could figure out what causes it to sometimes run words/sentences together, that gets very irritating when trying to read source code snippets.