  From: Esther
  To: Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility
  Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 12:00 PM
  Subject: Re: external gps receivers and the i-phone

  Hello Michael,

  Unless your iPhone is jailbroken you'd need to use an GPS receiver that was
Apple approved for compatibility, such as the Dual Electronics XGPS150A, the
Bad Elf GPS Receiver, or the GNS 5870 MFi Bluetooth Receiver as an external GPS
receiver.  If you want to read more details on this subject, see my reply to
Lovette's question about using a GPS apps on an iPod Touch a week ago in the
forum archives.  Here's the link to the post in the secondary Mail Archive for
this list:
  • GPS on an iPod Touch [was Re: An Excellent GPS app for iPhone and visually
impaired people]
  http://www.mail-archive.com/mac-access@mac-access.net/msg10357.html
  And you can use the access key shortcut Control-N (for Safari) to read down
the thread.

  HTH.  Cheers,

  Please remember to update your membership options periodically by visiting