Hi TJ

As you read down your document, VO will announce the number of the current
page. You can also create a table of contents, which I'll come to in a moment.
However, the current level of access in Pages with VO, does not, as you've
noticed, extend too far. Hopefully, this will change with the imminent release
of Mountain Lion.

To create a Table of Contents, you first need to turn your section/chapter
titles into headings.

1.  Press Command+Shift+T to show the Styles Drawer.
2. Stop interacting with your document and use VO+Left arrow until you find the
Styles Drawer
3. Interact with the Paragraph Styles Table
4. Use VO+Down Arrow  until you find Heading
5. Press VO+Space if you want to use this Heading. (Below this one are other
heading levels)
6. Navigate to Shortcut Key which as a submenu. Here you can choose  from the
available F keys.
7.  Once you've set your headings, stop interacting and navigating back to your
document.
8. Once you've found the appropriate chapter and heading titles, simply press
the relevant F key.
9. Create a blank page for your Table of Contents
10. Press Command+Option+I to bring up the Inspector.
11. Select the Document Radio Button Then select the TOC tab
12. You need to select the the various heading levels in the table. This should
then create your TOC.

Hope this helps
James

On 12 Jul 2012, at 20:45, Timothy J. Meloy <tme...@fuse.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
> The subject line says it all.  Can VO be set to speak page numbers as you're
> reading through a document in pages?  I need to fdetermine which page of my
> document on which each of its sections begins, so I can write a table of
> contents for the document.  I turned on text attributes in verbosity under
> the VO utility, but that didn't do the trick.  Any suggestions would be
> helpful.
> Thanks,
> T.J.

You can contact me in the following ways:
E-Mail:james.aus...@mac-access.net
MSN: james.londons...@gmail.com
Skype: saulky1984 - if you'd like to share details, please let me know who you
are when you send a request. Thank you