Do you have the latest version working though?  Obviously it's your call but if
you try to delete an app which is running, you'll get an error.  So it is
necessary to disable DropBox from logging in automatically when you start the
session or the machine.  I see where you're coming from when you say if it
isn't broken.  But it just might be broken.  Anyway, there you are, you must do
what you think is right for you, and I really hope you are correct and it's
working.

Gordon