You have a few options.

The first is to see if there is a save a copy function in the automation work
flows.
Even if not, one should be able to write an AppleScript to duplicate a "Pages"
document.

Next is the question of batching.
Is this a one time event? Do you want a contextual menu? Or perhaps a "folder
action" that occurs every time a new file is added to your recipes folder and
it is type "rtf".

Also, are you going to attempt to process the recipe  for example, look for
ingredient lists and reformat them to one ingredient per a line.

You might want to look at one of the recipe management software packages
instead.  My wife and children love Yummy Soup, though I have only tested it to
seee if I can read a recipe and never made extensive use.

Best wsies,

Jonathan

Sent from my iPhone