Hello Gordon and Esther,
Many thanks for your help and the pointer to the FAQ on upgrading to
infoVox-iVox 3.0. MY voices are now all activated and working again on 3.0. The
upgrade process was not exactly as described in the FAQ but after some initial
confusion it worked OK.
I am delighted to hear that these voices will work fine on Mountain Lion!
Best regards....

Paul Hopewell