Hello Bryan

On 23 Jul 2012, at 02:49, Bryan Jones <openses...@me.com> wrote:

• I'm running the latest Bento version (4.1.1) under Lion 10.7.4 on a 2011 MBA,
and I also don't recall having the problem with any of the previous 4.x
versions.

Yes, we're running that version of Bento but our OS is slightly different.

1. Can you tell if it's trying to open any particular database upon launch?
Perhhaps there's a corruption issue with that particular database. I think you
can try launching the app while holding down the Option key if you want to
change the startup default database.

No. It hasn't ever been used on this machine before. So there should be no
database issues.

• 2. Is it a trial version whose time has expired? Some Apps will pop a
reminder dialog over top of the main window to nag you for payment.

No, it's one which we bought and downloaded from the FileMaker online store.

3. Is it set to display database items in grid view? Grid view is not
accessible to VO, so I'd suggest using either table view (command+1) or Form
view (command+4).

As I say we cannot change the views with VoiceOver running but I will check to
see what it's set too by default.

Thanks for your input.

Lynne