Have to turn it off in activity monitor.  It's strange it would just run
without your log in credentials.  Have you ever ran dropbox on that machine in
the past?  If so then it maybe have been retained in your log in items thus
it's logged in.  If so then share a file and see if recipient sees it at at
some point because if it logs in it will show your folder in dropbox in your
finder Just interact in sidebar and probably will have to move up and it will
say it then check by interacting into the browser and the folders will be
there.  Put a test file in one if you have a mutual folder with some one or
have another computer such as a windows machine with dropbox it will show up at
some point depending on how fast it sinks up and refreshes.