Hi Krystal,

Here's the method I use when replying to the individual sender of a message on
the Mac-Access list. As you pointed out, different email lists have different
ways of presenting the original sender's address, and some are easier than
others to work with. When I'm using my Mac to reply to an email I actually
prefer the way Mac-Access presents the sender's email address as I find it
easier to select it from the body of my reply messages rather than needing to
navigate through email headers to find the address, as seems to be common
practice with many email lists these days. Note that these instructions are for
the Mountain Lion mail client. If you're replying from an Apple IOS device,
I'll let somebody else post instructions as I find the reply process to be much
more convoluted under IOS.

1. Press Command+R to start the process of replying to the current message.
This opens a new window with the Mac-Access address in the "To:" field and the
existing mail thread text in the body of the email message. Your cursor is
placed at the top left corner of the email body and VO announces, "insertion
point at beginning of text.".
2. Arrow down one line and you should hear VO speak a line of text that
includes the date, sender's name and sender's email address.
3. Use standard navigation and highlighting keys to highlight the sender's
email address. For example, if my cursor is at the beginning of that line, I
might press Option+Right Arrow to jump through the individual items on that
line until I hear VO announce, "less than krystalwat...@bluebottle.com." I will
then use my arrow keys to move to the right of the "less than" symble, then
press Shift+Option+RIght Arrow twice to select the full email address.
4. Press Command+C to copy the selected text.
5. Use standard VO navigation keys to move to the "To:" field. Delete any email
addresses that are already in the "To:" field and then press Command+V to paste
the sender's email address.
6. Use VO to navigate back to the body of the message and begin typing. Don't
forget to delete all of the previous email thread except any relevant text, and
please remember to use periods between sentences.

Cheers,
HTH,
Bryan