Hi Anne

If you want the honest answer, which I'm sure you do, no!  There are only 7 new
VoiceOver related functions and, to be honest, everything else works more or
less as it did under Lion.

So, I'd say that if you have access to the upgrade free or cheaply, go for it.
Otherwise, to be honest, stick with what you have.

Gordon