From: mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net
[mailto:mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net] On Behalf Of william lomas
Sent: 01 August 2012 12:48
To: Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility
Subject: Re: Mac air vs macbook pro

i don't think the imacs will b around for much longer really to be honest as
dean said more powerful solutions in portable forms are now available. the
advantage of course of a desktop is taht one doesn't need to charge it

On 1 Aug 2012, at 12:14, Mike Maslo <mmaslo1...@swbell.net> wrote:

> Thank you all
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Aug 1, 2012, at 2:33 AM, Dean Adams <breezepa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ian,
>>   Yes you are right to a point the newer mac's are very powerful with the
quad core processors and a nice amount of ram and having ssd hard drives
that respond very quickly it was not that long ago that most people chose
desktops but now most are moving towards portable computers like netbooks
laptops and tablet pc's I used to work for a large retail store and I was on
the panel that chose the computers for all there stores and at that stage in
the late 1999's desktop where still king but no longer with wifi making the
choice of buying a portable computer a better choice but it still comes down
to personal choice in the end.
>> Regards Dean
>>

>> Sent from Dean Adams Macbook Pro
>> breezepa...@gmail.com
>> Voip phone: +6124307 9248
>> landline Phone: +61243892195
>> Mobile: +61428133758
>> Skype : deanadams9
>>
>> On 01/08/2012, at 5:22 PM, Ian McNamara wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I like the desktop better than the lap top because I find it more
powerful. I do understand though that a lot of laptops are becoming as
powerful if not more powerful than desktops.

>>> Ian McNamara

>>> You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access
forum at either the list's own dedicated web archive: