Hi to help with the typing!
You can keep your finger on the pad and when you get to the letter you wish to
type just tap with another finger either on the same hand or the other!
Also you can change to touch type!
When on the edit field use the rota to select typing flick up to touch then
change the rota back to words or something!
Then as before you can just put your finger on the pad but this time when you
get to the letter you need just lift your finger and it will be typed!
hth Colin