Once you fill in your password, press enter.

On Aug 3, 2012, at 10:33 AM, "Phil Halton" <philh...@comcast.net> wrote:

under Users and Groups in system preferences, (and elsewhere) many setting
fields are dimmed and there is a button and a check box towards the end that
says "click the lock to make changes". Clicking (VO-space) on either the button
or the checkbox brings up another window with a name and password field. I
enter my password - the name is prefilled - but then there is no button or
anything to continue. Those are the only two fields, and there is no continue
button.

So, I'm stuck there and don't know how to continue to unlock the preferences so
I can make changes. This one has got me stumped! I'm completely new to Mac and
VO and at this point, I'm just exploring the Mac OS X system and basic VO
functionality.

Thanks for any help you can give with this one.

Marcy
marcy.weinbe...@gmail.com