Hi,

I'll just add to Gordon's comment that DVDRemaster 8 is currently on sale at
the Mac App Store for $9.99 (vs. $49.99) for a limited time in celebration of
their release of version 8.  You can download a working trial version if you
want try it out first by going to Metakine's web site at the URL Gordon gave.
And I believe the reviews stated that DVDRemaster Pro worked in about a third
the time of Handbrake.  However, Handbrake is reliable and is free.  Another
program that people have used as a general video format converter (but not
addressing the issue of reformatting to sizes for play on iOS devices or Apple
TV) is MPEG Streamclip (freeware with both Mac and Windows versions) from
Squared 5:
<http://www.squared5.com/>

And for tagging you might try ID3 Editor from Pa-Software which has a free
trial version (30 days or 20 launches) and supports group mode tagging. (This
is another company that has both Mac and Windows versions.  You have to specify
which version you want licensed. Priced at $15.00 or £10.00.):
<http://www.pa-software.com/id3editor/>

Here's the URL for DVDRemaster 8 at the Mac App Store, since I think the sale
price only applies there for a limited time:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dvdremaster-8/id527609547?mt=12

You may get better recommendations from someone who does a lot of video
playing, editing, and music tagging, since I usually only check out this kind
of software in response to questions.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther