Hello Kaz

Before I go any further, I strongly encourage you to use the list archives
pages.  You will find a great deal of the information there.  You can find the
archive page at:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/mac-access@mac-access.net>
There's also our own archive but for the moment I think you'll find that one
more than sufficient.  Of course, this does not prohibit you from asking
questions, not at all.  I'm just trying to save you time and effort.

Despite what some of the so-called accessibility gurus biased towards Windows
would have you believe, there is a great deal of merit in browsing the Internet
with VoiceOver and Safari.  Edit boxers just work as you find them, no need to
press enter on them as you would with, for instance, Window-Eyes.  In fact,
when I go back to that application it makes me wonder how on earth I ever used
it!

I hope you get your use out of the Mac and I urge you to think about acquiring
the "Take Control" series of books which have a great deal of information
regarding how you use a Mac.  If you want to know more about these titles,
which we offer at an 80 percent discount to our members, feel free to write to
us off list, <supp...@mac-access.net>.

Also, if you press "Command+Control+Option+F8", you'll be placed into the
"VoiceOver Quick-start" guide.  That will give you the basics of VoiceOver
usage, at least, enough to give you the concepts of using VoiceOver.  VoiceOver
differs from many Windows-based screen-reading applications in as much as it
presents you with a webpage in a similar way to that which those with vision
get.  This differs from the molly-coddling approach which they take under
Windows with the "MSAA" environment.

Feel free to come back with any further questions at any time.  I am sure the
list members will make you feel welcome.  But speaking on behalf of the list
owners, (myself and Lynne), welcome to Mac Access and, more importantly still,
welcome to the world of Mac.  Once you get over the differences you'll never go
back!

Gordon