Just in case anyone else missed this, I was looking for a way to turn off
alerts & notifications so that it wouldn't keep interrupting garage band
recording sessions or family movie watching etc and although the check box has
been there all along, I blanked it out.

The beautiful thing about the show alerts and notifications check box that you
will find as soon as you interact with the notifications table is that if you
uncheck it, it will turn off all alerts and notifications until you check it
again or the next day so if you forget it, no problem as that flood of dammed
messages and the like will flood your system the next day anyway. <smile> .
 It's a great solution and like with the do not disturb feature coming in iOs6,
it solves a problem although adding the extra functionality of the iOs6  do not
disturb feature  to the Mountain Lion notifications centre would be even better
as choosing groups, time etc is a wonderful thing now it's coming to iOs6.

One more thing I stumbled upon, even with track pad commander turned on, you
can 2 finger swipe from the right edge of the touch pad to go straight to the
notifications centre instead of the vo m m and vo right arrowing or end fn
right arrow to the notifications extra menu.

Sure you guys already worked this out but it's here for the archives now and if
not, now you do. hth.

Regards,
Danny: