Hi folks,

I'm starting to wonder if there might be a better, more comprehensive mail
client for Mac.  I'm trying to do some fairly complex message organisation and
I'm not sure mail's up to it.

I'll use a trivial example for what I'm trying to do.  I've created about 25
rules for the automatic sorting, replying and deletion of mails.  However I'm
noticing that they don't, as it were, run in the background.

Let's assume I have a rule called "deleteOld" which deletes messages once they
are 366 days old.  It works fine, but I have to remember periodically to hit
"apply rules".  I'd prefer if it happened automatically.  Can this be done
using applescript, or a plugin?

There is also the issue of duplicate mail.  Has anyone found a good utility for
scanning mail(s) and removing duplicates?  One of my folder has 38,000 mails so
I'd rather not do this by hand! *smile*

All the best,

Dónal
Dónal Fitzpatrick