Hi!

So what's the actual definition of a new iMac machine?

As other list members will know I received what appears to be my new iMac
machine yesterday and its working well so no complaints there.

However I am curious due to the content of the system report available under
"About This Mac" in the Apple menu.

The System Report tells me that the model of iMac I have is a "Mid 2011" model
and simple calculation will tell us that this goes back further than a year.

Okay, so I expect that time has to elapse between say manufacture, shipping,
stock in the warehouse and so on but just how much time elapses before
something is defined as not being new any more?

Perhaps I'm being trivial? Well I don't honestly know but I do know that I was
a little surprised when I saw the date on the system report.

The hard disk shows that the operating system was originally installed on 7
July 2011.

Again I stress that perhaps I'm bing trivial, after all! the machine has all
the specs I read about on the Apple Web site before purchase, it came clean and
packed well and is working right now but I am wondering whether it would be
worth to perhaps get some cash back or at least some sort of credit or
compensation given the age of the machine?