Then the simple solution, ok sort of simple, is to turn off curser tracking and
when you hear the sound just vo shift end to the bottom. you won't loose your
place at all in the message window. Not exactly ideal but it works.

I don't knwo of any easier way, or any other way for that matter. Maybe clisk
might do it but you have to be in the terminal window to hear it.

Take care.