Oh, stuff it then, might as well put down the £14 in this case as am an UK resident for Mountain Lion. Thanks for the advice.

On 17/08/2012 15:26, Phil Halton wrote:
Hi Chris, regarding the free Mountain Lion upgrade, I found it easier
and much less hassle to just pony up the $20 and buy and install it
directly from the app store.

It seems you have to "qualify" for the free upgrade which involves
sending in prooff of purchase, waiting a few days for a code, typing the
code into a PDF document they send you, then sending in the updated PDF,
at which point they send you another code. At least, that's how it was
explained to me by apple customer support - they didn't make it seem
very easy.

Fortunately, it's only $20 and paying for it lets you have it on your
machine within a few hours at most with no hassle or hoops to jump through.

As the old saying goes, "nothing in this world is really free". This was
my first disillusionment with Apple. Hopefully, not too many more.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris" <christopher...@gmail.com>
To: "Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility" <mac-access@mac-access.net>
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2012 3:25 AM
Subject: My first mac

Good morning all.
Ladies and gentleman, this is to let you know I have ordered my first
mac, the Macbook Pro 13 inch without Retina Display, from
www.ebuyer.com! It will come with OS X Lion, but apparently can be
freely upgraded to Mountain Lion.
Hope you like the choice I have made. Will no doubt have many
questions and hours of fun and frustration grins. But judging by what
I heard last night on Skype I was completely sold. Should be here
within the next 5 working days from today.
Good or what!
Chat soon Chris.

You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access
forum at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

The Mac-Access mailing list is guaranteed malware, spyware, Trojan,
virus and worm-free!

Please remember to update your membership options periodically by
visiting the list website at: