Hi William,
I use Audio Book Binder a lot to turn books from www.calibre.org into a more
convenient format. Each Calibre book is a set of MP3 files with names like
007213-001.mp3, 007213-002.mp3, ... 007213-121.mp3. I select all these files
and add them to the table in audio book binder. I then enter the book title and
author. I then select all the entries in the table and go to the menu bar and
select split file and then renumber chapters. that results in a single chapter
for each of the above Calibre files each of which lasts for about 10 minutes. I
then press make audio book.
I finally open the new audio book in iTunes and sync with my iPod Nano G6. This
all works fine and there seem to be no disadvantages with the above short
chapters or the lack of a part 1 and part 2 as in audible books.
Hope this helps....

Paul Hopewell