Hello Esther,

your breadth of knowledge on these topics never ceases to amaze me.

Alas, the proposed solution didn't actually work.  Well, that's not entirely
true.

Prior to following the steps you outlined, the music app was listing "no
content" and the only selectable option was a link to the store to download
same.

After your suggestion, audiobooks are not displaying but now the various
categories "artists, genres, more etc" are there.  However under "more"
audiobooks isn't displaying.

two questions:

1. why does the "do not sync" need to be ticked?
2.  Is it significant that the tickboxes on the device playlist are dimmed?

Thanks a lot,

Dónal

Dónal Fitzpatrick
dfitz...@computing.dcu.ie