Sorry, I failed to give the web page for the MU Promo. Here's the link to the
MacUpdate Promo for the Metakine Mini-Bundle:
http://www.mupromo.com/deal/13254/12336/macupdate-bundle

Metakine usually makes available fully functional trial downloads of their
products, so you can visit their product web page if you want to try any apps
before purchasing:
http://www.metakine.com/products/

Cheers,

Esther

On Sep 11, 2012, at 2:53 AM, Esther wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Metakine, the makers of DVDRemaster Pro, have put together a mini-bundle sale
> as today's MacUpdate Promo.  They're selling 10 apps, including DVDRemaster
> Pro and Mac DVD Ripper, for a price of $39.99.  The apps are:
>
> DVDRemaster Pro (which is now sold in the Mac App Store as DVD Remaster 8 for
> $49.99)
> Mac DVD Ripper Pro (normally $19.95, includes the Fairmount decryption
> program)
> Hands Off!
> Aurora ($14.99 in the Mac App Store for Aurora Lite)
> Back In Focus ($99.99 in the Mac App Store)
> Decompose ($29.99 in the Mac App Store)
> Magic Launch
> Video Rotate ($2.99 in the Mac App Store)
> Processes
> Photo Batch ($14.99 in the Mac App Store)
>
> I think this is worth purchasing just for the combined price of DVDRemaster
> Pro and Mac DVD Ripper Pro alone, if you want to accessibly rip DVDs into
> formats suited for Apple TV or iOS devices, just extract audio tracks, or
> reformat them.  Of the other programs, I think Aurora is accessible (it's a
> wake-up program that lets you wake up to an iTunes playlist instead of an
> alarm), and Processes and Hands Off! might be. (Processes lets you zap
> stalled processes, pause apps and processes that are slowing down your system
> and resume them later, and also monitor processes' system usage and network
> connections and files.  Hands Off! monitors the way your applications access
> your network and disks, in case they send out data.)  Many of the others are
> video or photo processing programs, but Back in Focus might be usable or
> useful.  (It seems like a way or automatically de-blurring photos you take).
>
> This offer is good for the next 15+ hours.  Purchasing MacUpdate promos
> requires that you create an account, and that involves a one-time negotiation
> of a CAPTCHA.  After that, all purchase transactions and accessing the apps
> should be completely accessible.  You can log in to your account, and view a
> record of past purchases and software licenses, and re-download the apps.
> You can also designate that the license for a particular app in a bundle
> purchase be issued for someone else -- this lets you gift a friend with a
> license if you've already purchased an application in a software bundle.  It
> also lets you decide to share bundles with someone else by splitting the
> price and dividing up the apps.  The person you designate to receive the
> license does not need to have a MacUpdate login -- you just need to give a
> valid email and name for the license.  (However, they also won't have a
> permanent record of the license code and purchase details that are associated
> with an account
 .)