Hi Gordon, for whatever reason, I'm not finding it so straightforward,

When I set up a new rule, I find the following:

1) the description field. Okay, clear enough.

2) the text "If", with a popup menu which I have set to "any". so far so good.

3) the text "Any of the following conditions are met".
This is followed by a criteria scroll area. I interact and find a row of five fields; two popup menus, an edittable text field, a "delete criteria" button, and an "add criteria" button.

the first popup has 28 choices and is set to "any recipient".

the 2nd popup has five choices and is set to "contains". It has choices like "contains", "does not contain", "begins with", "is equal to" etc. it does not have the choice "to", but the first popup does.

I can add another criterion row and set the first popup to "to", and then enter the text mac-access@mac-access.net, but how do I set popup #2 in both rows? Your message doesn't say. Should I set it to "contains", "is equal to"?

4) the text "perform the following actions". Okay, from here on out its self-explanatory.

As a side note: the whole thing seems somewhat counterintuitive. I mean, the "to" field - messages aren't being sent "to" mac-access, but are coming "from" mac-access. And, with the if portion being set to "any" then the first criteria "any recipient" would trigger the rule even if the second criteria didn't match. It seems it should be set to "all" when there are multiple criteria.

Sorry for being such a stickler for detail, I just want to understand what I'm doing.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gordon Smith" <gor...@mac-access.net>