I've also had it said to me that if you can get hold of a numpad, bluetooth or
otherwise, you can make full use of numpad commander and it makes the
navigating experience just that much better.
I personally had no issue with learning to use the mac. I learned to drive on
around two years ago, as a friend of mine had one. ever since then, I could
wander into a store, turn voiceover on and have a play.
Now I have one, I've not looked back.