Chris,

One of the features of Amadeus Pro or Lite is that it lets you interactively
select the portion of any audio track you want to process or cut out -- whether
that's to excerpt, apply noise cleaning, use audio effects, etc. If you
selected a track, and didn't specify in any way that you wanted to select a
section of the track, the program will convert the entire track to the ringtone
format. Drop some markers to select the part of a track you want to make into a
ringtone. For example, press space bar to start the track playing, then press
"P" to place a marker at positions you select, and press space bar again to
pause the playback.  Use Option+Left Arrow to move to the previous marker
position and Option+Right Arrow to move to the next marker.  If you're happy
with the placement of the markers, use the "Selection" menu to mark the part of
the track you want select.  You can move to the marker for your start position
and use "Mark selection" (shortcut Command-Shift-M.) Then use Command-Right
arrow to "Extend to next marker", which can also be found in the "Selection"
menu on the menu bar.  You can check the selection by pressing space bar again,
and playback will start and stop at your selected region.  Apply the function
to export as a ringtone to your selection.  Note that you can copy, cut, and
paste selections from tracks in Amadeus Pro, so you could create a new track
from you selection.

There have been some previous podcasts about Amadeus Pro discussed on this list
by Allison, Paul Hopewell, Eric Caron, and Dane.  Here's a link to a post in
the archives that gives some useful links.  (I used the link to the public Mail
Archive that appears at the bottom of each page, typed "Amadeus Pro podcast"
into the text box, and pressed "return", then copied the first link of the
results):
• Re: Amadeus Pro
http://www.mail-archive.com/mac-access@mac-access.net/msg10488.html
(Note that the reference to the "Amadeus 101" podcast by Allison is from
Sarah's earlier post, quoted below my post, and given as the podbean site.  You
can also use Control-P as a shortcut to read previous notes in threads at the
Mail Archive, so pressing Control-P twice will take you to Sarah's post.  Eric
and Dane submitted podcasts to Blind Cool Tech when an earlier version of
Amadeus Pro was in use, so the sources listed in the linked post may be more
helpful.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther