>From memory the layout is determined by commas, as in comma separated
values, and hard returns to indicate records.
.
Personally I would experiment with a global find and replace in TextEdit or
Beam to replace spaces with commas to see if that helps matters.
If you can get the records layout correct you can simply delete the columns
you do not need.

David Griffith

-----Original Message-----
From: mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net
[mailto:mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net] On Behalf Of Sarah Alawami
Sent: 04 October 2012 19:10
To: Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility
Subject: Re: converting an m3u playlist in to a csv file

It sort of worked, except it put the title and artist in to 21 column and
the path underneath in to the same column. it looked horrible. I want title,
artist and that's it. No path. If the artist is blank then  I would hope it
would make the column blank as well. I really hope I don't have to do this
by hand.
On Oct 4, 2012, at 10:27 AM, David Griffith <d.griff...@btinternet.com>
wrote:

> As m3u files are simply text files I would first of all simply rename the
> extension to txt.
> Then I am a bit stuck. I know Excel on Windows can open text files and
then
> you can simply save as a csv file from that . I assume the same
> functionality is available in Mac Spreadsheets but I am not sure.
>

> David Griffith

at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

> The Mac-Access mailing list is guaranteed malware, spyware, Trojan, virus
and worm-free!

The Mac-Access mailing list is guaranteed malware, spyware, Trojan, virus
and worm-free!

Please remember to update your membership options periodically by visiting