Hello All,

Just joined earlier today and I'm hoping that participation here will help
speed up my learning process in the Mac and IOS universe. I spent several
decades using JAWS and Windows and have been steadily learning to use my
MacBook Pro for the last year. Unfortunately, this progress has been slower
than I wished. I've been using an iPhone since August of last year and have
just finished ordering the iPhone5. Now I'm finally started to feel committed!

Earlier today I started to look into joining one of the groups in Google Groups
and ran into a brick wall of inexperience. I need to create a fully accessible
web site and I thought I could find the appropriate knowledgeable folks in one
of the groups there. My attempts to start on this are humiliating at best.

Does anyone on this list have information or suggestions for tutorials on
interacting with the google groups site using VoiceOver? As a secondary, but
just as important question, does anyone have information or suggestions that
may lead me into finding a web site hosting service that strongly supports and
promotes accessibility standards? I know close to nothing about designing a web
site directly but I know that there are hosting services that require minimal
knowledge in this area to get started.

I looked into one such service provider at squarespace.com. I found the web
site difficult to navigate with Safari and VoiceOver and so, I quickly lost
hope that they would be very open to my concerns for accessibility.

All assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

/jp