Hello,
I am on the latest release of Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and use Apple mail to
monitor 6 accounts - 2 gmail, 1 hotmail, and the others old fashioned pop. Some
of the accounts are imap and the others are pop.

This all works fine except that for some reason Apple Mail keeps claiming that
I have 13 new items. None of my inboxes or my local folders have unread mail
and so I cannot understand why Apple Mail thinks I have these 13 new items. It
is a minor problem but I would like to track down the 13 new items and convert
them into old items.

Note that my Apple Mail has a long history with local folders and some of the
inboxes being migrated from Snow Leopard to the latest Mountain Lion as new
releases became available.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Paul Hopewell