I look forward to seeing this catalog. I would like to buy and read some of these "take control" books, but the means of buying and recieving them seems fraut with problems. It's probably just my perception, but all I want is to be able to buy the book, download it to my machine and read it like any other PDF, either with VO or another screen reader on that other OS. My impression is that buying it is difficult, and getting it in your hands is even more so - something about having to store the books on the seller's rather inaccessible bookshelf system and read it from there? That probably isn't right, but its the impression I got somehow.

Make the procedure simple enough for even someone like me and it'll sell like hotcakes!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mrs. Lynnette Annabel Smith" <ly...@mac-access.net>
To: "Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility" <mac-access@mac-access.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 5:21 AM
Subject: Accessible Version Of Take Control Catalogue

Hello everybody

I am pleased to be able to repot that I am now at an advanced stage of producing an accessible and complete catalogue of the Take Control publications. This catalogue has been tested by an external and independent VoiceOver user whose judgement we know to be sound. The document has been passed as totally accessible and very easy to navigate with any screen-reader, especially VoiceOver. The only thing I elected not to do, at least in the first version of this catalogue, is to provide you with links to the books on the TC website. This is just a catalogue outlining the book title, release date, number of pages, price pre-discount and price post-discount. I hope that will suffice for the time being. I have put a great deal of work into this so I really hope some people do find it helpful.

Lynne

You can find an archive of all messages posted to the Mac-Access forum at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

The Mac-Access mailing list is guaranteed malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free!