Hi Jim,

Dónal posted that there was a MacUpdate promo on ABBYY FIne Reader Express a
week ago.  In keeping with the policy following many (but not all) mupromos,
you can still purchase this application at  25% discount ($74.99) for the next
7 days, although the 50% discount was only good last Monday:
http://www.mupromo.com/deal/13410/abbyy-finereader-express

I'm a bit confused about whether the free trial demo of this program has been
updated to the latest version, 8.3, for Lion.  The information on the trial
download site for ABBYY FineReader Express appears to state that this is good
for Mac OS X through 10.7, but the numerous comments on the macupdate web page
state that users who tested the trial all had to update their versions at the
ABBYY web site before they could apply their serial numbers following purchase.
 The developer claims you have to uninstall the 15-day trial version, then load
the new version for 8.3 from the following URL in order for the serial numbers
to work:

http://www.abbyydownloads.com/FRMACLion/ABBYY_FineReader_Express.dmg

Of course, you could just go to the Mac App Store and pay the $99.99 for ABBYY
FineReader Express, and not worry about the discount.  Purchases of MacUpdate
promos do require you to create an account, and that requires a one-time
negotiation of a CAPTCHA.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther