Hello Lewis
List members were commenting that having the speaker at full volume should not blow them at all. Well I can confirm that I have my speakers all the way up and have been since acquiring my iPhone 4 8 Gb back in October 2010, and it has not blown touch wood. I hear you are getting a replacement, so all the best with that. It could have just been one of those things.
Talk soon.

Christopher Hallsworth

On 10/11/2012 21:58, Lewis Crack wrote:
Hi all,

I have an iPhone 4S 64GB and have had it for about 11 months. For some reason,
I was using it today, and all of a sudden I lost all sound from the built in
speaker. I tried the volume buttons, I tried resetting the iPhone (both hard
and soft reset), restoring the iPhone via iTunes, plugging in earphones to
check the volume, and found out it was on full. I even turned it off and on
again.

When I plug earphones in, it works fine. As to warranty, it still has warranty
on it until 23 November 2012, but the nearest Apple store is a little way away
from me and because of college and assignment work, I don't really have too
much time to be able to go there and I need a phone to contact my mother when
I'm out, which is why I'd rather not send the phone off to be repaired, as I
would have no phone for a few days.
I hope anyone can help.
Cheers.
Lewis.