One way to find out the answers to these questions is to try it out and see what happens. Seriously, you'll learn alot more by doing than asking. All these things are perfectly suited to spreadsheet applications, and are easily done. Unfortunately, I use Excel exclusively, but I'm sure Numbers can handle it as well.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher-Mark Gilland" <ch...@clgproductions.com>
To: <mac-access@mac-access.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2012 4:47 PM
Subject: Incredibly basic help needed with Numbers from IWorks

OK, this isn't going to be anything hard. No formulas, and no adding ranges of cells etc. This isn't even going to be numerical in nature.

Basically, I know I could use Pages, and do this, but I'd like a little challenge to kind a step a bit out of my comfort zone. So, here's the situation. I have a Keurig coffee brewer. There are obviously different types of KCups that I really really like, others I don't really like, whilst still others I absolutely hate, and can't stand. The thing is, I'm a really big coffee drinker. I run through the KCups really quickly. With this said, what I'd like to basically do, is have a spreadsheet which I will make using Numbers. I want for it to have several columns. I've not yet totally determined the layout of my spreadsheet, but escentially, I'll start on the top horizontal row of cells being the column headers. Basically, it will have things like: Brand, flavor, coffee tea or cocoe, like/dislike, and maybe one more column for additional comments.

I'm pretty sure that this would be extremely doable, but I'm just curious on a few things seeing I've never opened up Numbers a day in my life. How do I first of all move from cell to cell? Do I do that with my voiceover up down left and right arrow navigation? Secondly, to type in a cell, do I first have to find the cell then interact with it, or is typing once the cell is located sufficient. Finally, after I type a value into the cell, do I then need to hit return in order to make it stay typed in the cell after moving away from it? I guess then my final question is, yes, I know how to select and edit text. That's no issue at all, and I feel very very good about my commands to do so. My question however is if something is already typed into a cell, how then do I type over it entirely, or at least move my cursor from character to character so I can correctly edit the cell data value, if that be needed down the road?

Thanks and I look forward to any help you all can give me. Once I get a few entries in the file, I'll put a link on Dropbox to the file, so you all can look at it, and check my work so far, and make any necessary suggestions.

Thank you kindly,

Christopher-Mark Gilland.
Founder of CLG Productions

Blog:
http://www.clgproductions.org

Podcast:
http://clgproductions.podhoster.com

E-mail:
ch...@clgproductions.com

IMessage/Facetime:
theblindmusic...@att.net

Windows Live Messenger:
ch...@blindperspectives.net

Twitter:
@gilland_chris

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/christopher.gilland

Skype:
twinklesfriend2007

Send me a fax from any standard fax machine:
704-697-2069

Google Voice: (Please use sparingly):
980-272-8570

You can find an archive of all messages posted to the Mac-Access forum at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

The Mac-Access mailing list is guaranteed malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free!