You would need a a y cable that hooks up to your tv. the other end with the 8th
inch 4 jack would hook to the line in port. You can use an app like the free
line in to listen to make sure that the levels are not too loud on the tv. Then
just hit record in garage band and you are good to go. Yu can also use audio
hijack to do this as well. Just have it hijack your line in port and have it
output to sound flower so you don't get the noise while you are working.

Good luck.