Hi Dónal,
Yes, in fact, this sort of thing is pretty easy to do. The key is to use the
voiceover window movement commands to position the windows in different
portions of the screen. I tend to use top left and bottom right, but that's a
personal preference. The command you want is vo-shift-grave accent, and the
"resize and move to grid…" menu item. From there, it should be pretty easy.
YOurs,
Zack.