Hi,

Thanks for your help with this.  I had a measure of success but think
I'll leave it for now as maybe I'll use the doc more than the desktop.
 I did set the view of the finder to list view - do you think that's
sensible?  It sounded like it would be the easiest to use...guess it
depends on personal preference really but am trying to make it as easy
as possible...

Thanks,
Catherine

On 12/24/12, Sarah k Alawami <marri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It can be depending on your preferences. From the finder which is sort of
> the desk top and you can get to it with cmd tab do the following,
>
> hit cmd cahma.
>
> 2. Check the stuff you want to show up like hard drives and stuff.
>
> 3. Interact wight he tool bar with vo shift down arrow and go to the side
> bar tab.
>
> 4. Press the side bar button with vo space and stop interacting with the
> tool bar. Uncheck the stuff you don't want to see. I unchecked everything as
> i don't use the side bar.
>
> 5. Close the window with cmd w.
>
> Good luck.
> On Dec 24, 2012, at 10:38 AM, Catherine Turner
> <catherineturner2...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am getting started with Mac and VO and was just trying to look around
>> the desktop.  But Voiceover says it's empty.  I'm sure earlier on it
>> wasn't empty.  Is the desktop empty by default on a new Mac?  Can
>> anyone help?
>>
>> Thanks, and happy holidays to all,
>> Catherine

>> You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access forum
>> at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

> The Mac-Access mailing list is guaranteed malware, spyware, Trojan, virus
> and worm-free!

Twitter:  CTurner1980
My blog:
http://catherineturner.wordpress.com