From: "Paula Hobley" <paula.hob...@bigpond.com>
To: "'Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility'" <mac-access@mac-access.net>
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 8:13 PM
Subject: Airport Express

Hi there

My IPod doc broke, and I want to use my IPod and IPhone as a way of using
airplay through my stereo.  I have an awesome sound system, and getting
another docking system wouldn't suit me.  I did some research, and
discovered that the Airport Express seemed to be the way to go in order for
this to happen.  I am really struggling to set it up.  I want the airport
express to extend my Netgear wireless router setup that I already have.  The
wireless router is at least 3 years old, this is probably an
underestimation.  I had a look on the net, and the discussions seemed to say
that you need to enter in the settings of the existing wireless router which
are as follows:

Security type: WPA personal

Encryption type: TKIP

I entered these settings into the Airport express settings, but I can't get
it to connect to my Netgear router.  I was under the impression that I could
connect the device to the power source and to the stereo headphone jack, I'd
be taken to a web site and I needed to enter in a password.  I suspect I am
missing a step.  Do I need to temporarily connect the Airport Express to my
modem and disconnect the netgear router?  Do I need to connect the Airport
Express to a computer using an ethane cable?  Can I set up the Airport
Express using the IOS app?  Once set up, can I disconnect the Airport
Express from the modem and reconnect the Netgear modem, then move the
Airport express into the other room where the entertainment system is?  Will
I need to get a second Airport express, ditch the Netgear modem, and use one
Airport Express to extend the network of the other?

My apologies for the complication of this message.  I hope I am clear in
what I am asking and what I have already done.

Thanks for any help anybody can give me.

Cheers

Paula

worm-free.  However, this should in no way replace your own security
strategy.  We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something
unpredictable happen.

Please remember to update your membership preferences periodically by
visiting the list website at: